Sunday, June 9, 2013

Treatment #2 (two of eight)

My second treatment was so much more uneventful than the first one.  Dr. Ririe did tell us that the first treatment showed how my body reacts to chemo and to not expect the treatments to be much different.  Monday night before the treatment, I was quite worried and emotional because I felt that the first treatment had been really difficult.  But my experience with the second treatment ended up being totally different from the first one.  Yes I had days of fighting nausea and several migraines, but nothing as severe as the first treatment.  We also learned that I need to get fluid two or three times every week so that I can stay hydrated.  I truly feel that The Lord blessed me during the second treatment and lightened my burden through all of the prayers that have been offered in my behalf by so many wonderful people.  I feel so blessed to have wonderful healthcare and doctors, loving and caring friends, neighbors and family.  I am also blessed with wonderful insurance and a loving, supportive husband.

I am also blessed to have two treatments down and only six more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment