Thursday, June 13, 2013

To Inkom and Back

Wednesday evening was only the second day after my chemo treatment and I felt like I wanted and needed to take a ride on my road.bike,  I called my good friend Lorie and asked her if she could take a ride with me which we scheduled for this morning.    We parked my car at the Portneuf church and started spinning toward Inkom.  I felt great and it was such a thrill to be out riding on such a beautiful morning.  I did notice that I didn't have quite as much energy on the hills but overall I didn't notice too much difference from other rides that we had taken.  We made it to Inkom and then took Old Highway 91 south and then went a little ways toward Pebble Creek.  At that point we headed back toward home by riding right through downtown Inkom.  

The ride home was definitely slower.  Today was only the second time that I have been able to ride this year so I am definitely not in great shape for riding.  It felt absolutely marvelous to finish the ride and to make it back to the car.  I must say that I took a much needed nap this afternoon.

One thing that I learned from my ride today - I am going to be able to ride in Spinderella on Saturday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you on this Treatment Tuesday, and sending you loving thoughts and prayers..

    ReplyDelete