Sunday, May 5, 2013

Love from Friends and Family

The calls, flowers, and cards from friends, family and ward members has been unbelievable!  I was almost embarrassed by all of the flowers that were sent to me by well wishers.  We received many dinners as well and could not fit everything into our fridge.  I actually had to avoid the grocery store until we could get more space in the fridge.  Rick was actually talking about buying an extra fridge for the basement so that we would always have space.


My sisters have been taking turns calling so that I wouldn't be on the phone all of the time.  It has really been an amazing experience to visit with so many concerned friends and family.  Two of my cute nieces actually called and were crying because they felt so badly for me.

Our Relief Society Presidency brought over a huge, huge bag of goodies the night before we went to the hospital for the second time.  The bag included pajamas and a jacket for me and lots of hospital snacks for Rick!















The Primary Presidency gave us a Little Box of Sunshine full of goodies that would spread sunshine throughout our house and it did!  This is a picture of the box.


















Faye Bregante came to visit me and brought an afghan that her 96 year old mother in law made for me.  It is absolutely beautiful! Faye also bought me the book - Just Get Me Through This  a Practical Guide to Coping with Breast Cancer by Deborah Cohen.  It has really been helpful because it takes you from beginning to end of the process with what to expect and the decisions that you will need to make.

 I would say that the best part of my cancer experience has been the reaching out from so many people.  It really made me feel badly that I had not been more caring with Rick's mother when she got breast cancer five years ago.  I think that I would be a much better daughter in law today.






No comments:

Post a Comment