Sunday, July 28, 2013

Over the Hump

I made it through treatment #6 and I am looking forward with only 2 remaining.  This week the Taxol was not as bad or at least I have not been experiencing neuropathy.  I definitely have metal mouth, tiredness and nausea but I am able to do light exercise and my appetite has been really good.  I still love the thought of a good old hamburger but salad and vegies are a crucial part of my diet!

On piece of good news from this last treatment - my red blood count was up slightly and I did not need to have an infusion of iron nor a transfusion!

Rick married a young couple from our ward last night (Rachel Fisher and Cody Clinger) and here is a picture of us at the wedding.


Here is a picture of Rick with Cody and Rachel during the ceremony.

My sister Dee and her husband Harold are coming to stay with us this week.  It has been so fun to have sisters, a daughter and friends come to spend time with us and to help out with meals, etc.  I am looking forward to November when my treatments will be complete but I am also enjoying this summer at home with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment